We Are the World
USA for Africa (Various Artists)
• Watch Video •
“We Are the World” by USA for Africa
(We Are the World – Side 1: Track 1)
Dan Aykroyd, Harry Belafonte, Lindsay Buckingham, Kim Carnes, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, Sheila E., Bob Geldof, Hall & Oats, James Ingram, Jackie Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Michael Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson, Al Jarreau, Waylon Jennings, Billy Joel, Cyndi Lauper, Huey Lewis & the News, Kenny Loggins, Bette Midler, Willie Nelson, Jeffrey Osborne, Steve Perry, The Pointer Sisters, Lionel Richie, Smokey Robinson, Kenny Rogers, Diana Ross, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder…And more!
Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie
Conducted and Produced by:
Quincy Jones and Michael Omartian
CBS Records Canada Ltd.
Multiple #1 positions spanning the globe including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and USA.
– 3 Recording Academy Grammy Awards
– 1 American Music Award
– 1 People’s Choice Award
– Performed by USA for Africa, a superstar-supergroup who joined together in activism and charity outreach efforts to aid in Ethiopian famine relief.
– At the time (March 7, 1985) the title track became one of the fastest-selling American pop singles in history (15 million copies or more).
– “We Are the World” became the first ever certified “multi-platinum” single (Quadruple Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America – RIAA).
– More certifications: Canada, 3x Platinum; Finland , Gold; France, Platinum; Italy, Gold; Japan 3x Platinum; UK, Silver; USA, 4x Platinum.
– Philanthropic legacy: Cumulative promotions and merchandise sales aided to the success of “We Are the World,” finally raising over $63 million for African & US humanitarian aid.
Rock, Soul, R&B
Last sold: Dec 10, 2019
Poor Condition – Minimum: $2.00
Moderate Condition – Median: $4.20
Mint Condition – Excellent: $13.15
*The above information and prices are based on Discogs.com marketplace inventory supply, database statistics, and consumer purchasing habits.